Now that you’ve registered your child for camp, you may use this Parent Portal page as a quick reference for summer camp information, special announcements, or to access your online registration account.
Before your child’s camp session, be sure to review the Parent Information. This sheet provides information on how to get to camp, what to bring and what not to bring, camp policies, and pickup & drop off procedures.
Online Registration Account
When you registered for summer camp online, you set up a household account. You may log in to your account at any time to update camper or household information, complete forms, make payments, or download a printable registration confirmation or account statement. If you registered manually, using a paper registration, an online account was created for you, and you should have received an Account Activation email from our office.
To access your online account, click here.
New Care Package Policy – This year, we are introducing a new care package policy. In recent years, the quantity and size of care packages has increased greatly, creating an issue with space and cleanliness in the cabins. In addition, we have recently renovated all of our cabins to be climate controlled, so they are available for rental groups year-round. In an effort to keep the cabins clean and pest-free, we are no longer allowing food or beverages in care packages or camper luggage. Please note the new guidelines below:
- Campers may receive no more than 2 care packages per session
- Package size should be no larger than 14 inches square
- No food or beverages will be allowed in care packages
New Camper Activity Selection Process – We’re beginning a new procedure this year for activity sign-ups for campers. You and your camper will select his/her desired activities using an online survey tool, and we will assign a schedule that you will receive at camp check-in. We will send you an email 2 weeks prior to each session, with the specific activities available in that session. A few things to note about the process:
- If your camper is registered for more than one session, you’ll receive this email in multiple weeks. The session name and date will be listed in red in the email.
- If you have multiple campers attending the same session, you will need to complete a separate survey for each camper.
- There are different surveys, depending on the activity options campers are registered for (Riding Class, Horsemanship, Challenge, etc.), and this will also be indicated in red in the email.
We hope that this new process will make signing up for activities easier for the campers, and will allow parents to have some input in the activity selection.